DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
Default Re: History of TWG

TWG XXXIX: Caps Filter'd
(12/03/06 - 12/30/06)

Host: Wilkin
Result: Humans Win

iggymatrixcounter - HUMAN (Killed on Night 1)
Shashakiro - HUMAN (KitB w/ jwc on Day 1)
Afrobean - GUARDIAN (Killed on Night 2)
HansSky - WOLF (Lynched on Day 2)
sertman - HUMAN (Killed on Night 3)
lightdarkness - HUMAN (Lynched on Day 3)
Talisman - HUMAN (Killed on Night 4)
xObserveRx - WOLF (Insta'd on Day 4)
vashthestampede0987/Tps222 - SEER (Killed on Night 5)
FoJaR - HUMAN (Insta'd on Day 5)
ImEric12 - HUMAN (Killed on Night 6)
Kilgamayan - HUMAN (Self-insta on Day 6)
FFR4EVA_00 - PSYCHIC (Killed on Night 7)
StoicRoivaS - MASTER WOLF (KitB w/ Jurs on Day 7)
JurseyRider734 - HUMAN (Killed on Night 8)
DiscoBobbyPARANOiA - WOLF (Lynched on Day 8)
jwcgator - HUMAN (Survived)
nijatwo - HUMAN (Survived)

1) I'm really happy that this game got as much attention as it did, either through entusiasm, posts, or views (the last two going far past the last couple of games), and I think we should take some more examples from past games for a little while before we get back into the MYSTERY ALL BLUE CRAZY WEE OOO WEE OOO games.

2) If an MVP were to be named, one of my candidates would have to be Kilga. This is mainly because of his self-insta to prevent FFR from getting another phantom, as well as relaying some vital info to the other players right before he did it. If anyone has any other ideas, I'd love to hear them, as I didn't get that much from a lot pf other players.

3) I liked Tps' play at the end of the day (I forget which one) where he went out on the limb to tell everyone the guardian was still alive (to flip a coin to decide whether to guard FFR or Tps), and I don't doubt that it gave the wolves some concern or second thoughts on their kill for the night. Very nicely executed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

TWG XL: Mall Madness
(01/05/07 - 01/19/07)

Host: xObserveRx

1. nijatwo (Rebelnija) - Serial Killer
2. talisman (stressreliefball) -Guardian
3. Kagome (dbzgoten50) - Seer
4. rioting (TheMajorDanish) - Wolf
5. jwcgator (jwcgator2) - Human
6. Kilgamayan (bjstrattonIM) - Wolf
7. sertman (alextp1651) - Wolf
8. Wilkin (Wilkin Evili) - Wolfsbane
9. StoicRoviaS (StoicRoviaS) - Human
10. Z3ratul (Z3narb) - Human
11. DiscoBobbyPARANOiA (DBP TWG) - Human
12. Afrobean (Afrobean16) - Human
13. mead1 (fhqwhgads703) - Wolf (Master)
14. Aperson (phonemrecursive) - Human
15. nforcer06164 (nforcer06164) - Human
16. Chromer (stinnettefamily1) - Human
17. Iggymatrixcounter (iggy911mc) - Human
18. FoJaR (thisisfojar) - Human

This game, IMO was pretty balanced if played right. The unfortunate killing of Wilkin and Talis in the first two days was rather ****ty, but I was asking myself what the **** was going on with the math ****. It's a game, not a math competition. All the statistics in the world aren't going to keep you alive; playing the game the normal way, with suspicions, gut feelings, lots of convo and voting patterns will...hopefully.

If the humans would've cut the math ****, stopped arguing every second minute and just played like they would in any normal game, I think they would've worked together much better and people would've gotten lynched much faster.

Also, why didn't the humans just lynch Nija when he came out? Really. It would've been three wolves vs. a bunch of humans... sound familiar? At that point, some normal play could've resumed and it would've been a much tighter game. I dunno, I wasn't IN the game, so I can't say how I would've reacted, but that just seemed dumb as hell to me.

So yeah, after all the talk at the start of the game about how ****ed the humans were, they won. With all the arguing, stupid statistics and teaming with the SK, they won. So much for statistics, balance and whatever.

TWG XLl: IN SOVIET RUSSIA, WOLF LYNCHES YOU!
(01/25/07 - 02/06/07)

Host: DiscoBobbyPARANOiA

Kilgamayan - Kamikaze, killed Night 4.
Afrobean - Human, killed Night 2.
Stoic RoivaS - Seer, won the game.
Rioting - Wolf, lynched Day 4.
talisman - Blue Miller, killed Night 1.
Tokzic - Human, won the game.
FoJaR - Kamikaze, vigi'd Night 4.
iggymatrixcounter - Blue Miller, killed Night 3.
roundbox - Wolf Seer, lynched Day 1.
Shashakiro - Human, won the game.
Omeganitros- Red Miller, lynched Day 3.
Wilkin - Wolf Vigi, lynched Day 2.
JurseyRider734 - Seer, won the game.
xObserveRx - Human, won the game.
nforcer06164 - Red Miller, won the game.
blahblah 18 - Wolf Vigi, kamikaze'd Night 4.

Immaculate job: luck
Decent job: humans (minus nforcer and iggy), wolves.

Dual mvp: iggymatrixcounter and nforcer06164

nforcer for being the perfect miller; iggy for turning the lynch around from nforcer (red miller) to wilkin (wolf vigi).

-

Overall, I'd say the game isn't too out of balance. If it were played again, I'd suggest changing the normal wolf to master, or something else to give the wolf team an advantage.

Worth noting, jurs hit three reds on the first three nights, which was a 3.3% chance (after factoring in the death of roundbox on d1) I believe. Pretty slick. Unfortunately, night two and three were both millers.

The night with three kills:
Fojar was vigi'd, kilga was nked (both kamikazes ROFL) and blah was taken out by kilga with a die roll.

TWG XLII: Raiders of the Temple of the Last Crusade
(02/12/07 - 02/28/07)

Host: Stoic RoivaS

1. Mead - Wolf Thief
2. DBP - Wolf Thief
3. Roundbox - Wolf
4. Rioting - Wolf

5. Sertman - Decipherer
6. Kilga - Thief

7. Iggy - Human

8. Jurs - Thief (Indiana Jones)
9. Observer - Human
10. Wilkin - Human
11. Talisman - Master Thief
12. Stella - Decipherer
13. FoJar - Thief
14. Afro - Decipherer

15. Fish - Thief
16. Nija - Human

MVPs go to Stella for nailing the two unknown wolves (I think Iggy might have known one of them at the time) and to Iggy for doing what he does best. Honorable mentions to DBP and Mead for playing a very good wolf game until Iggy lock kicked in.

Perception artifact revealed human/wolf for humans and green/blue for wolves. Deception artifact made a vision of you come up in the most favorable way. Wolves look human, blues look green. Protection artifact could guard someone at night or save someone from a lynch should they use it on themselves at night and be lynched the next day (still with the protection artifact). The charisma artifact added 1 vote against whoever it's holder cast theirs against. The good-luck artifact prevented "losing" artifacts but did nothing about them being stolen. The unknown artifact had the ability to go to a dead player upon being "lost". Should it do so, the dead player would be brought back to life and the unknown artifact would shatter. Unfortunately, based on how the game played out, few of these ever successfully applied.

Thanks to iggy's grand ability to take over my games, this went nothing like I had expected. If the game were run again, it would have to be altered.

TWGXLIII: Finish the Fight
(03/08/07 - 03/19/07)

Host: iggymatrixcounter
Result: Wolves Win

kilga (church) wolfed night3
sert (flowers) wolfed night5
chromer (
simmons) lynched day3
stoic lynched day1

talisman wolfed night2
rioting wolfed night4
1 roundbox (grif) won the game

disco (caboose) wolfed night1
pntballa (shela) lynched day2
fish (
donut) vigi’d night3
Fojar (sarge) vigi’d night4
tpslost the game

stella vigi’d night2
observer lost the game

2 mead (lopez) won the game
omega (tucker) lynched day4

1MVP: Since the wolves won it’s got to go to whoever decided to grow some balls and fight back the red seering from pntballa. That was a very bold move for wolves to try. 2MVP for humans is probably kilga since he was really the only one to stay logical the whole game.

Big Noob Award: pntballa (for vigi killing and losing a day) and roundbox (for trying to play off not being a wolf when everyone knew he was one)

GENERAL: (for the twg history)

Thought both sides did very stupid things and very powerful things. Pntballa almost crushed the human’s chance of any type of victory by viging an almost confirmed human. When the wolves were able to take advantage of this, they started bragging about their win. This pissed sert off apparently since he grabbed pntballa’s vigi role and went to town, countering the bad vigi kill.

Despite what happened during this game. I thought it went very well mechanically. The vote modifiers didn’t mirror one another as much as I thought. (The wolves took the more advantage of them I thought.) The sarge/church roles cancelled each other and the tucker/lopez roles balanced fairly well in my opinion.

My simmons role was completely trashed in practicality. Anything that would have resulted would have been something you could have figured out on your own. (I.E. a vigi kill, vote adding to someone, seering) So it didn’t work the way I wanted it to. I felt that giving a name was too powerful but being general was redundant. SO I kind of ignored it since there wasn’t anything I could tell the wolves that they wouldn’t find out.

I was very interested in this game despite it being a third draft of what I wanted. And I think that the Flowers role should be a repeated role in future game because of its hidden “guardian” type role it can play in building hidden, but not public, alliances. It takes a little bit of the luck factor out of the game also in case a major blue dies early.

Here's a list of the results of the first 43:

01 - Wolves
02 - Humans
03 - Humans
04 - Wolves
05 - Humans
06 - Wolves
07 - Wolves
08 - Humans
09 - Humans
10 - Humans
11 - Wolves
12 - Humans
13 - Wolves
14 - Humans
15 - Humans
16 - Wolves
17 - Humans
18 - Wolves
19 - Humans
20 - Humans
21 - Humans
22 - Wolves
23 - Humans
24 - Humans
25 - Wolves
26 - Wolves
27 - Humans
28 - Humans
29 - Wolves
30 - Humans
31 - Humans
32 - Wolves
33 - Wolves
34 - Wolves
35 - Wolves
36 - Wolves
37 - Wolves
38 - Wolves
39 - Humans
40 - Humans
41 - Humans
42 - Humans
43 - Wolves

Which puts the current standings at:

Wolves: 20 / Humans: 23

Iggy911Mc (12:55:49 AM): Mudkip is a Koala Bear.

Last edited by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA; 06-10-2007 at 09:22 PM..