View Single Post
Old 06-8-2018, 01:20 PM   #10
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Need Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ximipe View Post
I haven't played that long either. Only about 2 months and I can generally handle a difficulty of 30 but that's pretty much my limit for now. I did find out a technique recently though.

Basically Click options => Edit => move the thing that says amazing just above the judgement line if you have your notes scrolling downwards, below if the notes are scrolling upwards.

The point of doing this is so that you can't look at the judgement line while playing so you'll be forced to use your ears and keep your eyes on the highway (aka the middle part of the screen or the ceiling of the screen).

This is one of the reasons the genre is called rhythm games as once you stop relying on your sight for accuracy you then improve by having your ears catch on to the rhythm. Less work for your eyes and you will have more time to react.
I play with the sound off most of the time and id like to think im above average at this game. I'm not good, but im not horrible either. I just use sight, I think using hearing isnt that great because most songs arent on sync anyways, or so alot of players say.