Old 06-11-2014, 12:53 PM   #550
arcnmx
nanodesu~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to arcnmx
Default Re: Beta Engine: R^3 [Updated 6/5/14]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme2252 View Post
-Change the color of averages to a light green, misses to yellow, and boos to orange.
Do this yourself in the options.

Quote:
-Make it so that negative scores get saved and take away points from your grand total.
No.

Quote:
-Remove the multiplayer editor.
Why? You realise the editor is for editing, right? It's for moving everything around, and the MP screen is set up differently from SP so it needs to be accessible separately.

Quote:
-Set all of Synthlight's charted songs to mute themselves by default, that way the music won't throw off your "rhythm."
Better yet remove them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beary605 View Post
and a pause feature for R3 replays!
Already exists but I guess no one's found it yet!

Quote:
-Add a "No Fail" mode, that way you could FC tier 99 songs without having to worry about mashing too fast.
Fair suggestion, has been considered for a long time but was never a priority.

Quote:
-Make any section that has no notes a "freestyle" section where you can do whatever you want to without penalty.
While I've thought about this, it's hard to decide exactly what part should be a freestyle section. How many seconds long must a gap be? How many seconds before/after the last/first note of a section should it start registering boos? How does the player see this intuitively and not accidentally hit a boo when they think there should be a freestyle?

Quote:
-Add a pause feature which will rewind the song slightly when you unpause to allow time to react to the next note.
Rock Band 3 style... I don't have a problem with this as I value user experience slightly over score integrity, but it does seem somewhat susceptible to abuse. Even if you rate limit it to only be usable every X seconds, it can still be used right before a particularly hard part. I would go for it though.

FMO AAAs (1): Within Life :: FGO AAAs (1): Einstein-Rosen Bridge
arcnmx is offline   Reply With Quote