View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 12:28 AM   #890
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2019 albums halp

Day 587: Arrival by Fire! Orchestra

The majority of this review is gonna be comparing this to Exit!, which is the worst kind of review, and this is even worse because I'm ignoring Enter because I completely forget my opinion on it ayyy lmfao. But anyways, this doesn't really have the same energetic highs of that album, but it never slogs the way the back half of it did. There's more variance to things than I imagined, I found myself enjoying the long pieces and the short pieces equally, and that closer was a real surprise for this band! Almost sounded like slowcore or something but obviously still pretty far, nevertheless that was cathartic and gorgeous. The opening duo, especially the opening track though, those are also highlights, bordering on post-rock while still remaining detectably Fire!. Speaking of which, this is obviously for a different mood than She Sleeps, She Sleeps but I think I like both equally.

The only real misstep is the mid-section of Silver Trees. Other than that, this is phenomenally consistent for a 66 minute album, of a genre that I'm not much a connoisseur of to add to that (so if you disagree with my take, keep that in mind!). Good shit.

Funny addendum is that I played this the first time just through my laptop speakers and my mom kept complaining about the "horrible demonic noises" and whatnot, paraphrasing here but you get the drift.

Best Track: At Last I Am Free
Rating: 9/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.

Last edited by rayword45; 06-20-2019 at 12:31 AM..
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote