View Single Post
Old 11-4-2013, 03:57 AM   #1
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Otherworldly phenomenon renders FFR unplayable :(

I have an interesting problem.

I've handicapped my Windows 7 (64-bit) to the state of a vegetative coma in order to get maximum performance out of the Flash 10/11 standalone so I can enjoy rates. However, on 60 (or 120) FPS, it feels like I am barely getting 30. Interestingly enough, the instant someone sends me a message on Skype, I am lag-free with crystal clear gameplay for about 3 seconds. Flash Player 9 works just fine.

It's as if the Skype notification window completely eliminates my lag. In a controlled lab experiment, I have already successfully synthesized a lag-free environment by having foxfire667 spam the crap out of my Skype. For science.

Fixed! Thanks Zageron~ !
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk View Post
Thank you so much!!! If anyone else has frame rate issues on FP10/11, I highly recommend trying this out!

In dxdiag, I noticed directx hardware acceleration was enabled by default. So, I downloaded the DirectX Control Panel 9.0c, and unchecked "Use Hardware Acceleration" on the Direct3D and DirectDraw tabs. I have so many frames now, I have no idea what to do with them all

Last edited by PrawnSkunk; 11-4-2013 at 08:44 PM..
PrawnSkunk is offline   Reply With Quote