View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 10:05 AM   #23
AutotelicBrown
Under the scarlet moon
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: 2019 September/October Set 5

Quote:
Hmm, I can't quite level with this only because of the pattern that is used for the mini-jacks themselves. If you're trying to consolidate pattern usage due to speed and only leverage the mini-jacks when it's two notes, perhaps the happy medium is to put the notes for the jump-jacks on the same hand. These split-handed mini-jacks are really jarring for a sound that occurs earlier at a higher frequency.
I'll go with making those one hand jumpjacks. Originally the goal was to keep the kicks as close as possible to [23] in each instance, but I already did make a compromise with 5.741/14.017 anyway.

Quote:
I'm not quite following what you're referring to as the "actual 48th swing" in this case. I'm hearing the 16ths for the background chip, 8ths for the main melody whose sustain seems to be an oscillation of 64th notes (but this is too minor of a detail at this tempo to accent reliably), and percussion also lies on 16th notes as well. Aside from trying to pull an additional accent, I'm not quite following where 48th notes would be utilizable at all in this case.
Quoting Aquellex because I wasn't sure myself when I first stepped it and asked them: "there's 4 swung 48ths starting on the 16th sandwiched between the 8ths" which I assume is what you are referring to as 64ths due to offset. Regardless of the actual rhythm, those where included more to acknowledge that there is in fact a faster rhythm going on and cyan is the Aquellex color (:
Either way in retrospect I agree that it'd be more natural for a player to connect those to the leading melody as it is, so I'll look over either removing or changing their patterning.

Quote:
The section itself has some pretty abrasive transitioning and also features polyrhythmic structures at points - it'll be everything but autopilot, I'd like to think
I was referring to the handstream in itself, the polys were also part of making it not autopilot.

Quote:
While I understand your sentiment, I don't like the idea of saying "yes" to this simply because it converts well as this would be a point that I would be mentioning if it were played somewhere like Etterna/osu!mania as well. This split-handed jumptrill colliding into a mini-jack that is controlled entirely on one hand in a section that's relatively isolated feels problematic to me, and suddenly saying "yes, this is ok because of conversion" sets a dangerous precedent.
I'd totally disagree if you were to bring up in a Etterna/o!m context but anyway, ultimately it doesn't really matter and I'll just change it.
With the 16ths 64~65ms apart at 232bpm the chance of getting a 1-framer is between 2.5~4% which I think is fair to assume a few minijacks will be converted as 2-framers which are practically the same as 232bpm minijacks when actually playing.

Quote:
I don't know what this means but I hope it's a good thing.
Sorry, I was just agreeing with what you said.