Old 04-10-2018, 10:11 PM   #2500
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by potasium56 View Post
Have you guys thought about adding ffr as a facebook game? and have it so people on fb can compete with thier friends and also the leader-board as well. This would get more people playing ffr in the browser version at least, until you guys add the client game to steam.
Hey, thank you VERY much for all your suggestions potasium!

The most we can do for Facebook at the moment is an embedded Flash Player on our fanpage. https://www.facebook.com/OfficialFFR...0322544333196/. It seems even Facebook has (rightfully) blocked embedded Flash content, and I haven't considered embedding FFR in any other way while it is still Flash.

FFR should be as accessible as possible, so I would welcome advice from anyone who is more knowledgeable about Facebook games.

Quote:
Don't you guys have an email newsletter? if so would be nice if you would send an email to your list reminding people ffr isn't dead.
We don't offer an email newsletter, because there is no one on staff interested in actually making it, and we don't have the funds for paid marketing software. If either of those facts changed, I would be pretty excited to see monthly or even weekly newsletters.

Quote:
Also, spend some money on advertising!!

Buy ads on https://www.kongregate.com

Reach out to gaming blogs that have a nice following and email them about advertising price. As gaming influencers to promote ffr youtube, instagram, ect....
We don't serve ads, because all artist permissions were granted knowing FFR wouldn't make any money off their music. To change that would mean reaffirming permissions with every artist in-game. Thankfully, we don't need to ask for donations, because all costs associated with hosting the site are paid out of pocket by Synthlight.
PrawnSkunk is offline   Reply With Quote