View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #117
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

Default Re: FFR Community Pack Summer 2012 (Submissions Open)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
Lake Bestriel (Antronach)
Medium
- Tone down the jump usage by a lot.
Hard
- Break the long jacks down into separate mini-jacks. They're currently difficulty spikes.
Expert
- M9+ (Beat 32+) the holds don't serve much of a purpose, other than when it layers the prominent sound or whatever. Remove every other hold and shorten the lengths if you want to make this section more effective.
- Long jacks are questionable, but add a decent scoring factor I suppose. Usually for layering like this I suggest breaking it down into separate mini-jacks (2-3 notes long) to improve file flow.
- Layering is decent. Tweak the holds.
Maybe
Medium: Sorry about the jump usage, I was trying to have some modicum of difficulty, but I underestimated how hard jumps are. I reduced the amount, although jumps are still the main difficulty factor.

Heavy: I was trying to go for a sort of climax, so I thought "Longer jacks." I didn't see what was wrong with the longer jacks, but when you mentioned it they did seem egregious.

Expert: I was sorta just taking ideas from other simfile artists and giving them a whirl. Wasn't really used to very difficult files, since the hardest chart I've passed was Ossa's Destination Expert.

Thank you very much by the way.

Last edited by Arntonach; 05-16-2012 at 11:11 PM..
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote