Old 05-17-2017, 05:59 PM   #105
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Username Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk View Post
Velocity has been helping me compile a script that searches and updates the database for all occurrences of a username. We're refining that list now, and have it narrowed down to about 70 tables. _.Spitfire._ was a good account to test this on, because his username would be on every table we want to change, and he wasn't afraid if his account got bricked as a result. I want to make sure automating username changes is possible and safe before making plans for a username reserve policy or previous name display. If you guys have any other questions, let me know and I will respond to them when I can.
Since my last response in this thread, the tests on _.Spitfire._/Nullifidian have been more or less a success. We now know we can actually offer safe username changes. The crux of the issue being developer time. The process takes a ton of manual entry per user, and I have been directing all my free time into other site projects. I know this year has been the busiest yet for me, and it seems everyone on staff is feeling in the same boat. I'll try to provide more info soon. Don't hesitate to bug me for updates.
PrawnSkunk is offline   Reply With Quote