Thread: Issues at home.
View Single Post
Old 04-6-2012, 06:11 PM   #14
PriestREA
ddkdkd
D8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Issues at home.

I really appreciate all the feedback I've gotten. I've elaborately planned how I'm going to break it to my parents by really bringing it up at a suitable time.

There's a school dance in two weeks, and I felt that after going with my girlfriend my parents would likely ask about the dance and then I could finally tell them what actually happened. Maybe then they could realize I really am happy with her and to leave me be.

As for the music v. education thing, I don't see that to be that big of a problem, perhaps a compromise is in order, I'll start picking up my studies again if they support me and really help me with my strive for music.

The thing about using marijuana and alcohol is understandable from my parents' perspective. After all, marijuana is illegal and alcohol is prohibited for use by minors, but I'm willing to tell them I've used it before and I'll try and not get into deep.

I've already talked to my parents about the fact that I'm questioning religion and how I don't understand. I'm trying to give advances that suggest my lack of interest in it, but my parents are still trying to get me involved with religion. They are extremely disappointed though and really want me to reconsider and talk to some people in the community about restoring faith. They're extremely stubborn, so I'm still trying to push on the fact that religion does NOT appeal to me and never will again.

Thanks for your help guys.

Last edited by PriestREA; 04-6-2012 at 06:18 PM..
PriestREA is offline   Reply With Quote