View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 10:25 PM   #90
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Charles Claythorne Send a message via Skype™ to Charles Claythorne
Default Re: 2016 TWG Rules Thread

idk what the general opinion on Phantoms are, but I greatly dislike them for being game-effecting to the degree that they can force a game to end much earlier than expected. I understand they're supposed to be used as a punishment, but I don't agree with the idea that a whole Team (Human or Wolf) should suffer for the inactivity of one person. I know it doesn't occur frequently, but the situation that occurred last Day Phase of TWGAbout definitely left a sour taste in my mouth - inDheart's vote on T-Force effectively cleared Dabackpack and I in a 4-way, and T-Force was able to make a single vote at any point to win the game. If inactivity is to punished, I think warnings/bans and replacements should be utilized rather than additional votes.

In the case people like Phantsom here though, I don't really think retaining Phantoms for replacements is ideal? Like, to have a Player replace into a disadvantaged spot feels too unfair to the replacement imo. It's disadvantageous enough to catch up with the game.

Just my two cents.