View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 11:19 AM   #277
[TeRa]
FFR Player
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: [Tera]'s Tier Point Tournament :O

Updated, next round started, still trying to pick good stuff.
I dunno why I kept gacha gacha in T0, whatever, it's a FMO, makes up for the hardness of ketsarku and 4 chord.

I have an idea, just wanna see what you people think of it.
For round where there are 3 people left, should I make each player pick 1 song, I'll still be making the reqs, and then in the last round, have each player pick a song, then I pick the last one, again I'm still making the reqs.

Reason I say this, is because one player could pick a song they have an advantage over the other player, and same goes for the other player. If I just picked all the songs, I could end up picking 3 songs one player has an advantage over the other on, which just makes that round already decided pretty much, such as if anyone picked demon fire on me, I would pick something like hardkore atomic.

Also I had an idea for a tournament similar to this, but I don't feel like hosting another one considering I've been late for updating =/

If anyone else wants, here's my idea. Just like this, it would have tier reqs, first round has 3 songs with reqs, and several people get eliminated, then when the next round starts, 3 songs are ADDED to the already 3 songs, making 6 total songs, and whoever has the least points at the end of that round gets eliminated, and then more songs are added and so on. Toward the end of the tournament, you would have a nice list of around 21 songs for each division, having each player in the tournament have to get the best scores they possibly can on the songs. Songs get harder toward the end obviously, such as FGOs, reqs need to be fairly consistent throughout the tournament, such as a 3 point req on club would need to be fairly relateable to a 3 point req on mario minor. Possibly have it so each player can omit 1-3 songs or something, that way mental blocks or songs they are just flat out bad at don't just completely kill the tournament, only reason I don't know how that would work out is because of total possible points would vary from other players with omitted songs, if you could think of a way to get this to work that would be nice, of course omitting songs is not needed, just an idea. Anyway, whoever thinks this is a good idea and is thinking of holding a tournament, feel free to use the idea.

Last edited by [TeRa]; 10-20-2008 at 11:37 AM..