View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #55
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Default Re: ACTA is about to succeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni-Paranoia View Post
Let me get banned for downloading an MP3 off of Mediafire and I will make Columbine look like a day at Disney.
A little to harsh dude.

But let's look at it this way, if it ever came to someone getting banned they'd try to appeal it and if it got appealed well enough the Supreme Court [should] have a field day telling these people what they did is absolutely wrong.

I think the issue here is that the people in power, have neglected to remember (or care) that everyone has a list of "certain inalienable rights" and it's basically written in our constitution that they can't censor anything or prevent us from doing things that way. (By my understanding of it, which isn't very high.)

The other issue is that companies need to stop fighting illegal downloading. My dad put it this way to me once, "once something is on the internet, it can never be taken off. Everything you put on the internet in short, is always there." Embrace free downloads. Use them to get people to buy merchandise. Produce more material, make the material more unique. The problem of downloading is not only the users (us) the problem is with everyone else as well. I don't encourage free downloading don't get me wrong, we are stealing. But as it is, when an artist who makes more than someone like my mother (who is a server) and is complaining that they're losing money, despite living in their mansion, the world needs to point a finger and laugh at them hysterically.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote