View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 03:25 AM   #6
-JiZ53-
FFR Player

Default Re: How sick of politics are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
One thing that does bother me with respect to politics is that it seems that so much time, focus, energy, and money goes into campaigning as opposed to actually getting anything done. As if the number one goal for every single politician is to get re-elected.

Nonetheless, overall, I'm not sick of politics because I do believe that it is a very important thing to stay informed about. I do wish more people (myself included) spent a bit more time being informed about politics at a state and local level so we can also bring in the right people into our House and Senate and various offices/positions within the state/local government.

any congress member that has been in office for five years gets a lifetime pension. i'm sure you know that's one less than the number of years in a senator's term. also, a lot of the stuff that gets done, gets done outside of the public eye. I know a local politician in my city won the house of representatives race. Within the first week of his being in Washington, Israeli diplomats flew him out to Israel. I dont have any opinions for this thread on Israel and I dont want to turn this thread into a debate, that is simply what my local newspaper reported. keep in mind, this was his first time being elected to the house, he was just a rich landowner who decided to run for the house.... the point is, there is lots of money involved in politics and I personally do not trust anybody who is in a position where deep pockets might have an interest in buying their vote.

if you want to read about congressional pension: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congressional_pension

Last edited by -JiZ53-; 05-25-2016 at 03:37 AM..
-JiZ53- is offline   Reply With Quote