Send a message via Skype™ to noname219
Default Re: Musical Genres Revamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzExZeRo7497 View Post
Sure, email.
You're added, tell me if it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
It always bugged me how almost every song is classified as a different genre...I get that people might want to know what the song they're about to play sounds like, but the current genre system is way too overcomplicated to the point of losing it's purpose imo.

Examples: Halloween Novelty, Gypsy Punkstep, Gradius Electronica, Happy Tune, Internet Meme, Nu Skool Breaks, Vocoder Techno, etc.

These 'styles' are way too specific and are unintuitive to new listeners. Keep it simple! If anything, it's the blanket genres (dance, dance2, classic, rock, etc.) that need greater emphasis.

I'll submit what I can but don't expect much specificity in my genre choices.
The problem is that some songs cannot be described with only one tag. And with the technical limitations of the database, there's no good way of entering two or more genres on the same line. If songs were searchable by genre in the engines, it would make more sense of not having made-up genres. That's why I decided to make the wiki completely genre functional, it will be an easier way to browse genres. I agree that the categories are completely outdated, but I don't know the status about this and I don't think we can change them without changing the UI.

Last edited by noname219; 02-5-2014 at 11:06 AM..
noname219 is offline   Reply With Quote