View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 06:25 AM   #37
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Mystery Pack 3 Released

Here's my review (I didn't bother thinking about authors during my first playthrough so these are relatively unbiased):

Ant IDM - Can't play this song very well, surprisingly difficult so gonna ease up on the judgment. Overall I thought it was a good file.

Bat Country - Well done, pretty fun. Not much to say (o:

bubsy the bobcat - The 64th wall seemed really out of place in difficulty with the rest of the song, but otherwise decent. Sync felt a tad off to me?

Crystal Sample - File is good. I thought the mine usage was a little... I don't want to say 'inconsistent', but it felt good in some places and eh in others.

Heart Beat Rock - I dunno how I feel about this. It's stepped fine but overall pretty lackluster chart. Also I have an quirk with the jumpjack at the end of each drum loop, cause it definitely sounds faster than 16ths to me.

The Limbo - pretty KOOL. I didn't spot anything too out of place. Nice buildup and chart fits the song well imo

Manima ni - I love this song btw. Chart was good. Mines pretty excessive at the beginning xd but their use in the song was good for the most part. Rather freeze heavy and I didn't think some of it was really necessary.

The Nth Degree - Dat Stephen Kay. This was a really cool and well done file imo. Background is gross, sorry. ):

Pink Nightmares - File's tight. I enjoyed most of it, although I felt some flow issues with the chill sections. I think a cut of the song would have been more appropriate.

Suffocating Sight - Not bad. Again, I can't really play this song very well so I'll reserve any real judgements. Patterns seem kinda quirky I think, should have been more playtested imo

The New Sound - Ugh. Just straight up 16ths the whole way through isn't really much fun I would think. Patterns at the end are especially annoying. I think this was purposefully stepped to mask the simfile creator's style.

Witch of the bottomless swamp - Groovy and enjoyable. File is varied, but still felt a tad dragged on and I would have preferred to see a cut.

Witch Tower - Really solid file, very fun. Not much else to be said here for me.

Guesses:

Ant IDM - leonid
Bat Country - GD
bubsy - puppet
Crystal - Sargon
HBR - moches
Limbo - Roar
Manima ni - Dimentio
Nth Degree - wc
Pink Nightmares - Detri
SS - Torrent
The New Sound - ferrari
The Witch of the Bottomless Swamp - JX & Don
Witch's Tower - baq21

I assumed only 1 submission per person

I only 'cheated' a little bit in a manner of speaking, and I'm still not very sure on several of these rip
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Last edited by Wineandbread; 05-12-2012 at 09:37 PM..
Wineandbread is offline   Reply With Quote