View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 08:02 PM   #14
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger
Default Re: Holiday Special Batch Set 1

Pushing notes for zZz to close out the set.

zZz (Ghost_Medley) [6.5/10]
> Sync is good (No changes necessary).
> No issues found in simfile properties. No issues found within simfile folder contents.
*-[00:14.086 -> 00:15.886] The approach to stepping the 2 different sections here are radically different, albeit sounding very much similar to one another. Plus, not really hearing the purpose of the 32nd trill. Would be a lot better if it mimic’d the first portion of this section that I didn’t include as the timestamp, with just singles. If instead you wanted to ramp the difficulty, then the jumptrills are fine, and need to be reflected in the easier section.
*-[00:44.986 -> 00:46.186] Feels unstepped, except for the 3 jumps. We’ve got 200bpm 16th dense JS in this file. Don’t hold back. 32nds going into dense JS starting at 00:45.736 would be acceptable for the difficulty.
*-[00:59.686 -> 01:00.886] Missing quite a few transitional notes here, namely 32nds between the jump pairings. Doesn’t feel right to hold back until the new measure here since it’s a repeating major tone.

-[02:16.336 & 02:16.411] Not necessary, but imo. [34][12] jumps here would be better.

*PERSONAL NOTES*
I love the bursty nature of this file, and with such a primary focus on trills rather than density, makes for a unique catch-22 of a file in terms of difficulty. Biggest thing holding it back, is what feels to me, is a lack of density in certain sections to make room for major melody emphasis. While I appreciate the variation, it cuts out a lot of the frill in transitions. The Starred notes are the big ones pointed out that need fixing for acceptance, but Stepauthor should make a general double-check on section transitions.

- Tosh 2014