Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 03:18 PM   #116
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Coronavirus

That's also another thing about the "recover" statistic... it's not entirely clear what that means. Scarring to the lungs is really bad even if the person didn't die.

A big lesson to learn from this (there are many), is that "facts not feelings" is nonsense. You had some assholes on social media trying to shove total numbers of cases of the flu to downplay people's concerns and look at how that went.

A fact is a piece of information. Nothing more, nothing less. And for the flu cases and deaths: put covid19 on that, you'll have more people at risk to also catching the flu if people are not taking their safety seriously, which means more hospitalized people, and if the healthcare system is clogged that puts more people at risk.

The entire approach was just incorrect. Comparing this to the flu was a bad idea from the start. It's another problem on TOP of the flu -- combined, we have more injuries and deaths in general from disease.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 03-23-2020 at 03:20 PM..