View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 09:09 AM   #5
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner
Default Re: How do you deal with anxiety?

This morning I tried stretching to help circulation, and it seemed to lower my stress level a little bit. I might start doing that each morning. I also get nausea in the morning-- it manifests into anxiety too, so I took ginger and lemon tea. It seemed to help a bit.

I'm working with a doctor to see if there's meds that can help me better manage it, that aren't benzodiazepines or things that have long term ill effects.

I probably need to do cardio more, I just don't like pushing my heart rate to 140. Although at the time of posting this, my resting heartrate is 140... lol.

I'm on medication that helps me be functional because I have severe adhd, but it raises my heart rate a lot. I already do the mindfulness and breathing thing, but maybe acceptance conditioning is what I need to try next. It's a bit tricky.

My doctor and I were talking about how, for anxiety, it should be dealt with not by resistance, but with... a push+pull, like you would dance with someone. So I'm trying to figure out what that means for my situation and how to apply it. I have learned what this is from kungfu, so I have to dig deep. My brain tends to let go of what it has learned in the past, when anxious.

Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote