View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 05:40 PM   #441
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner
Default Re: Show your sketching!

Play with perspective more alioth, that looks really awesome. The bottom right area is a bit less defined in terms of perspective but practice makes perfect eventually you just learn to adhere the same perspective to things after scrutinizing little inconsistencies over time.

Mollo, definitley getting somewhere. I recommend starting smaller if it were me... like, focus on smaller aspects and see if you can find a way to render each part, because there's no ONE way to render all parts of the face the same and have it look super cohesive. All of the parts are getting there, you have the basic idea and that's a great start. In bigger spaces it can be hard at first, but there is a lack of shadow in the face to define some of the features-- it just seems like the portrait is backlit by the background, but there really is a very bright area light, which slightly confuses the eye. Keep at it dood.

@Longgone, fukken sweet. Should build a background for that butterfree~

@Mirelle, love that pastelly look and colour palette, great job. One thing that feels inconsistent in my eyes is the focus of the details. The face are of course sharper and more defined, which is good because it's the focus, but by contrast, I think the hands need either more refining or more blur/distortion to draw more attention to that focal point. My 2C~

Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote