Old 02-24-2009, 06:28 AM   #135
funmonkey54
The Chill Keeper
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to funmonkey54
Default Re: Numi's First Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercomet1525 View Post
Well, for what it's worth, my score looked nothing like what he got. In fact, I believe Dark_Chrysalis got the same exact score as me. Hitting 52 Perfects out of 55 and getting 4 extra boos really doesn't seem like a thing that would require tons of skill to me, or lots of other people. I'd actually find matching the exact score tons harder than simply matching the total points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Monkey View Post
silvercomet and I both know how the scoring system works, so getting a specific low score on a given easy song is going to be quite easy for us. It should really be obtainable by anyone who can AAA the given song, which right now isn't hard and doesn't take anywhere near the skill levels required in almost any other tournament.

No-one claims that no skill is needed, but it requires less FFR skill and (slightly) more planning skill. Oh, and if two or three people hit the exact target all the way through the tourney I'm assuming that Numi will notice this and select harder songs, or add in mods like he said.
Exactly. This is a tournament of simple math and planning. Then of execution when obtaining that score. The idea is not so much to make the score hard to get in terms of difficult unless very skilled. The idea is to make people work it out and think about what must be done to obtain said score.