View Single Post
Old 11-2-2019, 06:13 PM   #1005
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2019 albums halp

Day 663: Ascend by Illenium (Album Choice: Meatyguy)

I told myself I wasn't gonna listen to this long ago because of the amount of basic-ass Asians I've met that say shit like "I only listen to Excision, Illenium, and Porter Robinson" then tell me how they cried to this shit rolling. Maybe I should've SpongeBob capitalized that. That doesn't really reflect on how I should perceive the music, but I stand by the fact that listening to only THREE artists is some ridiculousness. Spotify autoplays when you finish an album! YouTube has recommendations right there! I don't care what you listen to, but how can you only listen to THREE artists? I don't know people who do that with any other genre! And the fact that a lot actively turn their noses at, like, other dubstep is baffling I do not understand what makes Excision so fucking special and unique versus literally every other wub-wub artist. Fucking college Asian ravers...

But anyways, I'm listening to this, and I'm enjoying it about as much as I thought I would. It's not bad. But it's really same-y at times while somehow also being a complete mixed bag in that some songs are gorgeous (not that I'm gonna cry to this shit) and others are great fun (funny enough, I wouldn't call Gorgeous a gorgeous song but it'd bang live) while others sound like an Ed Sheeran knockoff band or shit from some ITG stamina pack at a lower rate mod. Also, it's so fucking long... Which is good for studying but bad for making me want to listen to this whole thing in a single sitting ever again.

I hear his old stuff is a lot less pop-oriented, maybe I'll like it more? Also, I'd totally see him or Excision live still, I just wouldn't travel 2 hours to do so, nor would I roll at a single stage concert with no re-entry that charges for non-bathroom sink water fuck that. I wouldn't do that for Porter Robinson under his regular name but I feel like I'd be obligated to do that for Virtual Self.

Best Track: Broken Ones
Rating: 5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote