Old 12-1-2012, 08:18 AM   #1154
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach
Default Re: The Fitness Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnR View Post
I'm a 185-190lbs @ 5'6" and really want to start losing weight. My self esteem no longer exists because of it. I wear a 34 waist and large shirts. I want to get down to a 32 and lose all my stomach and chest fat.

What's the best advice you guys can give me. I fucking hate working out. I hate the feeling. I just started p90x today and hoping that'll help me lose a bit of weight. My girlfriend bought it so I figured I'd get her moneys worth.

If I'm already this size am I better off bulking instead of losing weight? The problem is all my weight is on my chest and gut.
If you hate working out, then no, I wouldn't recommend bulking instead of losing weight.

Also, I recommend that anyone with excess weight lose the weight before trying to bulk anyway.

Losing weight is all about calorie restriction. I suggest you start weighing yourself regularly in the morning and start cutting back on all of your portion sizes for meals. Continue to restrict your calories until you're losing 1-2 pounds per week (I wouldn't recommend trying for much more at your weight).

In order to fight off the hunger, try making more of your calories lean proteins (chicken, lean beef, steak) and drink more water.