View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 11:04 PM   #58
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: TWG CLX If Emblem was a bad employee Postgame Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Choosing to watch gold stinger: I had spent all night phase deliberating this, and had decided against it. I sent in an order to investigate+check Xel and was happy with that. Then, I started really overthinking things and went with a high-risk-high-reward play in watching gold stinger, assuming one of us would have to die after our lynch of inDheart. "Checking" an N0 check would be a terrible move, but watching a known green and semi-universal copread isn't nearly as bad and had a good chance of leading to a wolf. The reason I consider this to be a bad play is because I didn't fully take into account the heal staff and how it would potentially affect wolf choice. In retrospect, I'm still really glad I did that because it caused me to not investigate XelNya. If I had gotten a red report on Xel, I would've hardclaimed one day earlier and died after mislynching Xel as a result. That would've prevented me from ever investigating Mellon the next nightphase, and would've been a lot worse for town.
i think your gamble on gs was a decent idea, you just picked the wrong night to do it, as we were trying to avoid andy's item getting used