View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 12:03 AM   #4
eVILPeeR
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to eVILPeeR Send a message via MSN to eVILPeeR
Default Re: [Release] Night to Night (Super Eurobeat)

1. Holds are based on a couple things, mainly it's if there is a note in the song that is sustained I will put a hold in for it. But it really depends on context. Sometimes I avoid using holds in a section because it feels better without, and sometimes it seems better with.
2. Yes I know. The holds were on purpose because SEB typically does not have a lot of 16ths going on, so the holds dress up the song a bit and add a little flare.
3. Generally it's for impact, I would have to look at the specific parts you mentioned but generally triples are for loud sounds and/or vocal + beat + drum.
4. In this case they are both, I chose one section to only use one to switch things up a bit. It gets boring doing the same patterns throughout the song.
5. Yes possibly, I base the notes and patterns I use on the actual song itself. It also increases the difficulty a bit. Dunno what current thinking is as far as simfiles go but this was par for the course back in the day.
6. You might be right There were more hands in there and I removed most of them, could have missed a couple.

Gimme a break, it's been almost 10 years