DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Batch Review Thread v2.0

Supportive Judgments for September/October 2014

Set 2

=== JUDGE: ilikexd ===

[7.5/10] [Resubmission] Zephyros {xi} (Silvuh)
16.421 - With jumps on the piano notes, this should be one as well
34.338 - Missing piano note (ascending)
34.588 - Low violin note (should be layered as jump)
40.171 - This violin note seems to be on the previous 8th
65.588 - The piano continues as 48ths here, 32nds seem counterintuitive
79.338 - Missing bass piano note
96.171 - Jump doesn't seem to go to anything
101.004s - Same as 34.338
103.754s - Same as 34.588s
Seems a lot more clear since the last submission. The mix of the breaks and various melodies on the 16ths can get a little hard to follow sometimes.

[5.5/10] Children's War {Kradness & Reol} (DarkZtar)
At the start, the offset is slightly early
8.431 - Synth note here (although soft), same as 11.174
The layering here is kind of confusing. The quarter notes alterate between kick and kick+snare, but there is a jump every time on the kick notes, instead of the kick+snare notes.
There also doesn't seem to be much PR where it could be very rigorously done for this repeating melody.
18.246 - Just a 16th. It's a bit early because the offset is a bit early.
37.831s - There is a 16th note here to a faint sound which happens again at 38.431 and
39.546, and many other places but are omitted. There are a lot of 16ths used to various sounds besides the vocals that are not very audible, it might be better to just follow the vocals.
42.289 - Missing vocal 16th
45.717 - Ghost note apparently; there's no vocal but just a very faint sound, while the other sounds, like the one in the beat after are not followed.
52s - Interesting coloring technique, but it's impossible for me to figure out what the red notes (what would be 16ths) are following; they seem to go to an audible sound sometimes but other times they don't, and the sounds they follow sometimes are at other times ignored.
68.131 - Ghost note
73.489 - Very apparent sound not stepped
83.231, 84.603 - Not 24ths
91.146 - Missing 16th
91.660 - Missing 16th
130.403,130.660 - Doesn't seem to be a reason for this to be a jump: they're individual synth sounds, same when this is done again
159.203, 159.374 - Missing 16ths
168s - This is layered well, but it would be nice if it maintained the ascending repeating 16th pattern with the jumps layered on instead of removing the 16ths; I think it would climax better
204.305, 204.477 - Missing synth notes
208.344 - The repeating synth is higher in this part, but uses the same [14] jumps as before. Like the ones in the intro, these passages could have much better PR
There are good ideas in the alternating color but the chart needs to be a lot more accurate.

=== JUDGE: TC_Halogen ===

[7/10] [Resubmission] Miss Jackson {Panic! At The Disco} (Xiz)
- missing jumps from my previous notes were resolved
- structure at the end was very slightly changed from previous version, mostly to accommodate for Silvuh's notes regarding missing kicks
- i'm still not a fan of the continuance of the structure, but it seems slightly more relevant with the missing notes taken care of
- passable

[8/10] [Resubmission] Phantasy Story -ReStart- {otokaz} (Silvuh)
- 21.249: higher string plays along with the snare so layering would dictate this being a jump, though it conflicts with the two chords that you have represented as 8ths immediately after, so... tricky. The higher strings are a bit more prominent.
- 22.379: ambiguous jump compared to
- 74.674: this should be a jump as the string plays here (remove the jump on the 4th)
- 93.064: all other snare blips have the 5th note, you should add it here for consistency (or remove it from others)
- 102.721: while relevant, this burst is quite nasty because of the forced mini-jack - the triple could be removed in exchange for a more rigid pattern, certainly optional though
- this structure must have changed a lot given the previous notes about avoiding precedence and mixing things up too much; this chart has a pretty crystal clear structure to me personally

[8/10] [Resubmission] Zephyros {xi} (Silvuh)
- the earlier missing piano notes that I mentioned previously judging this are still missing, and they're even more noticeable to me now that you have an audio file with substantially improved quality
- playing the two versions side by side, and I must say, your changes from 66s to 76s were really well conceived, the structure is super-explicit there and it just feels right to me personally
- something that I didn't ention before, but 65.588 does not mark the end of the piano's 48th notes there, it goes a little further than that
- the later missing piano notes that I mentioned, well... I simply don't hear them. The luxuries of having better audio quality and good headphones really go a long way here.
- 80.588: still missing a jump for that repeating violin note (or kick, your choice)
- structure is substantially cleaner overall, lots of mistakes previously made were addresed and corrected accordingly

Set 3

=== JUDGE: DossarLX ODI ===

[8/10] Insignia {Muzzy} (gameboy42690)
- 2.79, 4.85: I'm curious as to why these 16ths are missing
- 3.39: Jump should be inserted here
- 5.79, 6.82: Missing 8ths
- Above three points also apply through 21.22
- 94.77: Missing jump for clap
- 100.77: Missing 8th
- 102.82, 105.57: Synth doesn't land on here, not sure why this is a jump
- Patterning is a bit repetitive although the file has a great foundation. Some of the notes look like they were intentionally left out, although it brings up questions about why similar sounds were also stepped if this was the case.

Last edited by TC_Halogen; 06-29-2018 at 07:28 PM..