Old 07-22-2020, 07:20 PM   #1347
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG 195 - D6

Found it

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I often get called a robot; but I look for emotional stuff a lot more than people realize. I was hard defending McDonalds and at the very end Microsoft last game because of their emotion. Emotion is the easiest stuff to read and the hardest stuff to fake in forum. Its the main way I've read games for the majority of my time playing this game, and its because I think I'm good at it. fwiw I am more sure of the read on CK than I am on you, but that should be obvious by now.

WV + you is POE. Its not cold kitten, its not me, it /could/ be blind, and I'm hoping to get that resolved.

Its more WV + you OR WV + blind.

Its kind of funny that you accuse me of being lazy with this game, but I'll talk more about that later, but its the crux of my read on WV right now. He's not really interacted with people (aside from you this phase), and while I do understand that he's not really been around during peak hours, when he has been its not really been trying to solve the game, more stating the conclusions that he's drawn rather than trying to reach conclusions based on interactions from other players.

This is how new players wolf most of the time. Its basically what you did when you rolled wolf in the previous turbo, and its because wolves already know everything about the game, so they make pretty solidified reads and have a hard time adjusting from that.

You its more POE, and while there was the emotion on d0, it wasn't overwhelming in the way that CK's emotion is. Maybe its an unfair read, and its certainly influenced by several factors of the current moment (all of which are basically POE), but its where I'm at right now. Its why I want to talk to blind for the most part.

If you look at my play last game, where I clearly did a lot of fuckin' work in solving the game, there weren't really any moments where I felt like I'd solved the game. Even at the end, I had doubts in my mind. Its exceedingly rare for me to ever feel complacent with a game, just because you're almost never right about everything as a player (which is another reason why I don't really like looking for pairs/relationships, at least not in the early game).

What I'm saying is, I rarely should give off that I feel confident in a game, because I rarely do.

I often get accused of "being lazy" in games, and it kind of bugs me the same way you saying that lurker is better than me bugs me; because it hurts my pride. I'm pretty goddamn prideful, its especially showcased in lTWG, and pride is really a primary motivator towards me trying to win games.

I have the most posts in this game. I think me and CK are the only people to do ISOs. I've probably reread the thread more than anyone else. So I'm pretty annoyed to hear that you, regardless of your alignment, posted that.

I'm not sure whatever or wherever you're getting that feeling, assuming it is legitimate, which I have doubts about. I think potentially you've got some wolfy confirmation bias, and it reminds me of after the Secret Hitler game we played when you (incorrectly, as there was no "mechanically correct" shot) said that Felix mechanically should have shot me when he had a gun. That, or you said that I was the best possible shot, idr.

This statement feels the same way to me. Whatever unrealistic goals you have set for my play this game, I have not met them, and you think its strange regardless of your alignment. If you're a wolf, you're taking this opportunity to push on me, and that's kind of what it feels like. When people wolf for the first time when I'm town, this is just a common way that I get pushed.

But the thing is, while I get pushed often, I don't get mislynched ever. I am town this game, and I am NOT dying here.

You have said you expect me to have solved the game, I wanted to lynch neither roundbox nor CK yesterday, I wanted to lynch WV. I have pushed who I think the best lynch is (and I was wrong on d0 on Sanz, obviously), and I think I tried to rally the voters as best I could (tried to get roundbox to move his vote, posted my case again at EOD)

This post is getting to be about 5x longer than I expected it to, so I'll wrap it up here.

If you're town, I need you to realize that whyever you think I've been lazy is wrong is the tl;dr of this post.