Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

Wholi's a Jew? :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardish
Quote:
Originally Posted by QreepyBORIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chardish
If you're offended that people assume you celebrate a holiday that you don't, you need to lighten up. Period.
For the thread title it makes sense, as there are Hanukkah presents for Jews, and oodles of Jews on the site. So why not?
Because Christmas has traditionally been a gift-giving holiday and other holidays have only in modern times followed suit. I thought Jews gave gifts during Yom Kippur? Am I wrong?

I object to the usage of Christmas decorations, Christmas songs, Christmas music in commercials, Christmas colors, Christmas trees, Santa Claus, Christmas ornaments, etc. yet the refusal to acknowledge any of those as being related to "Christmas."
Yeah, Yom Kippur is when you don't eat, don't bathe, (traditionally) don't do the double deuce, don't do any fun stuff (sex/otherwise), and other things that rock.

I don't follow it. I love food.

And Christmas only became gift-giving in the early 20th Century, I belive. That's when it Commercialiazed. Yes, other things followed suit later.

But this is like YEARS after it all happened, it's not like Jedaeism et al JUSt caught on, otherwise the Christmas thing WOULD make sense. But since that's not the case, holiday season is nice and general.

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
QreepyBORIS is offline   Reply With Quote