View Single Post
Old 02-8-2013, 04:37 AM   #2686
Magicturbo
Beatrix~
FFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR's Top One Handers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobogoobo View Post
I'm using one of these Mac keyboards (random image I found) - I don't really have a problem with sliding my finger, though occasionally it'll get stuck but usually not. I think it's more just the ability to read the arrows and the speed/stamina to hit more complex patterns.
That wouldn't work for me, in an ideal keyboard for this, the space between the keys would be barely present and there'd be a very tiny but present down slope on all the edges of each key, so when your finger slides from up to down, rather than your finger getting caught on the raised key itself, it slides down the ridge of the first key, then up the ridge of the second key, making it optimal. Basically most laptop keyboards tend to have a better chance at having this.

If you're trilling 232323232323 fast, or doing fast streams, "occasionally" is way too often, sorry

As for basic advice for getting better with one-hand 3 fingers, I found pushing my limits constantly with fast streamy (and eventually started venturing into jumpstreamy) songs, really helped improve my overall speed. Technical patterns will be technical with spread, but with one-hand you're really going to need that speed a bit more than anything.

Last edited by Magicturbo; 02-8-2013 at 04:43 AM..
Magicturbo is offline   Reply With Quote