View Single Post
Old 03-7-2013, 04:22 PM   #5431
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (Submissions CLOSED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan_Bsk81127 View Post
My suggestion is to make the batches more frequent. Instead of having these 5 month gaps in between batches, make the batches monthly or every two months. Now of course going about it this way means other things need to change, but they will change for the better. By making the batches more frequent, this means you have to cut the amount of files accepted which will be simple to do and be more beneficial.
As Kommi said, we already do have a month to 2 month gap for batches, as long as there isn't an official tournament going on. But, a smaller submission cap can help keep the monthly gap going, even during an official tournament.

Quote:
So in order to cut the amount of files accepted just make the acceptance rate more strict. This isn't a bad thing, it is actually what is needed because it is a joke that charts that get through with a 6/10 rating, never get fixed, then get thrown in game.
I agree with only the fact that there are notes provided for the stepartist to fix certain things, but he/she doesn't go out of their way to make use of those notes to fix any mistakes. What I would recommend, is to send the stepartist a personal message and inform him of the notes and give them the option to apply these fixes or not.

Quote:
Don't see why charts with a failing grade deserve to be put in game. Poor quality charts shouldn't be accepted, that's pretty clear. Make the acceptance rate more strict like 8/10 in order to be accepted. This indeed will cut down the amount of charts accepted each batch, they will be good quality charts, and leading into my next point, people will not have to wait 5 months to resubmit it. The stricter acceptance rating will push people to learn more about stepping and push them to try harder on their charts knowing they need a minimum of 8/10 in order to get by.
You truly don't understand how rare an 8/10 average is for a simfile out of about 100 other simfiles, the acceptance rate will drastically descend. Not even that, all the "elite" stepartists have pretty much depleted from the entire stepmanian universe, so "objectively good quality" charts are pretty scarce.

You're even forgetting that since Tass has been gone, the quality/acceptance of charts have increased ten-fold, and that batches don't have an 8 month gap.

Last edited by AlexDest; 03-7-2013 at 06:39 PM..