View Single Post
Old 02-2-2020, 02:03 PM   #21
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Default Re: First thread .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarizzzz View Post
ok i havent posted in a while so here's my summary of jojo bizarre gayventure pts 1-3

Pros
- some of the fights are clever and interesting
- characters are a mixed bag
- some of the "memes" are funny in the context they happen in

Cons
- holy shit does it drag a lot
- character shenanigans start to get old and unfunny
- there's basically no character development besides their everyday meme conversations and backstories are left to speculation since the show decides its not worth anyone's time to develop them

overall show is a 6.5 / 10 in my books, not a recommendation to friends. i'd throw a lot of other stuff that'd please a normie in front of JoJo's dumb adventure that's from the last 2 years like My Hero Academia, Mob Psycho 1 & 2, The Promised Neverland, and Vinland Saga. If you wanna go older I'm sure multiple people in this thread could recommend a ton of anime that's better than Jojo

Anyway back to being a N33t
respectable review thank u sir i largely agree, the difference is that my standards are seemingly far lower because with all that considered id probably still rate 8/10, and with that considered, my average rating on myanimelist is 9/10 so i think i might just have reallllllly low standards

edit: actually idk man i dropped vinland saga like 8 episodes in... it's decent, but imo it drags out just as bad if not worse than jojo lol, dr. stone tho now that is some 10/10 shit right there, the only complaint i have about it is
the cliffhanger ending in the 2nd season, but its fine cause its more so one of those "god damn i wish i had more to watch" endings

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 02-2-2020 at 02:05 PM..
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote