View Single Post
Old 08-1-2019, 03:03 PM   #28
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: How "LEWD" is one's profile allowed to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
In the particular example you gave, I'd be for changing that to asterisks but I can't think of another song in game that's worth doing anything more to. I'd ONLY concede that particular example.
We also are technically hosting the FFRMania database, and there are some equally bad things in there I'd like to be renamed or removed.

Without a comprehensive look at every song, that's the only title I know of that I'd censor. There are a bunch of songs I'd like to either mark with an explicit lyrics warning, or remove if we can't mark them because of the lyrical content too.

Quote:
Though it long feels like we're past the site being PG13. See Icyworld's profile for example. That would not fly in a live adapted movie with a PG13 rating.
A user profile is definitely a much more hidden thing than a song title or song lyrics. We've banned plenty of stuff in profiles and avatars for being over the line. A couple elements of icy's profile are pretty close to the edge, but none of them, to me, actually cross it.

Quote:
If this was truly a PG13 site, I would not get away with the word "fuck" as much as I do. (Which I actually see the way we handle words at least... in theory... in most places... most of the time, as pretty good.)
A PG-13 movie is allowed one fuck. So when you consider how much dialogue is in a standard 90 minute film, compared to how many words of text are on this site, we're probably below average in rate of Fucks said.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote