View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 10:08 PM   #20
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Playing FFR at a talent show

Serenade is the PERFECT song to play in front of unsuspecting people. The file is very quiet and easy for the first quarter then starts ramping up. It's right around your skill level and it will cause people in the crowd to believe that they are capable of doing it when you start, but they will have floored jaws by the end (presuming you play well )

Not to mention, the song itself kicks total ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
Ambient Angels is a fantastic choice if you can reliably FC it. You should definitely choose something that gets progressively more difficult over time so that you'll continue to wow your audience even as some of them start to think 'surely he can't go any faster than this'.
I actually played Ambient Angels for an exhibition in one of my classes as a sophomore. The professor suggested I add my mad fiffer skillz to my resumé.
I dare say the file is too hard for the OP to play reliably in a public setting. I didn't even FC it when I played it and I was top 8 D5 at the time.

--

It really is no question in my mind that given another opportunity to play in public like that, I would pick Serenade without a second thought... even though I could get away with playing something much harder.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 12-13-2015 at 10:13 PM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote