View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 04:09 AM   #5
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by STD_Sappy View Post
So, seeing as I took a century hiatus, I've come back to play a little, and have been having a good time playing some charts that provide me with nostalgia.

Just a few queshes,

If I'm playing on FFR Legacy, are scores that I get still relevant?

No play R^3ed noob.

Also, on the Velocity engine, everything is hella early, is there a default global offset people play with? Or do I have to just fiddle with it until the sync is right?

Stop using it. See above. Start with global 2 judge 1 then play a song without the judgements popping up at all and then right click where it says "Speed" on the results screen and use the number there (not the + or - one mind you) and use that to tinker with it 'till it feels right (this number goes in the judge box not the offset box, which you'll kinda have to guess on.) Using 60FPS helps this a ton. (Thank Arcnmix for this I really just dumped down his explanation.) You'll also have to higher your speed mod I imagine.

Third, are people using the Amazing judgment in recent tournaments? Or is it still Legacy's PA system?

Legacy. The judgment is just there for curiosity's sake. It give no extra value other than bragging rights.

I'm just trying to figure out what the bar has been set to in the past ~2 years so I can potentially practice again in between school, work, and life in general.

AAA FMOs or you suck. No one gives two shits if you can AAA anything like Ivaltek and what not.

Nice to see some of you still active on here, I've missed most of you.

I doubt I am among them.

Thanks for the answers!

Sure.

-Sappy

I have no comment.
Responses in bold. Covers a lot of info.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote