View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 05:31 AM   #17
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner
Default Re: I’m 18 biologically, but I feel like I’m about 14 mentally…

because everyone generally has to conform to societal norms in some way that it makes it appear that something is different about you. Deep down I see a person like anyone else, and I believe it’s just that you’re slowly figuring out how exactly to fit in the society we’ve been presented with. Ideally in a way that doesn’t really change who you are for the worse, but only for the better. With practice and repetition, we can change some of our behaviours so that we can benefit from them. Therapists can help you work on that, just so you can survive a bit easier, and not fall into pitfalls as often.

It’s also something you can work on by yourself. I haven’t found my ideal therapist yet, so it’s just me and whatever I can pull together. I try to take in a lot of inspiration, and it slowly manifests through me— even if it’s as simple as, pretending I’m in the mindset of a professional smash player or something. Daydreaming about that level of focus, and mental composure, when I know I need some of that. The more you work on your mind being flexible, the easier it is to navigate through the pegs of life.