Thread: Morals
View Single Post
Old 05-3-2013, 02:24 AM   #18
PriestREA
ddkdkd
D8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Morals

As someone who has been cheated on before...

Those who cheat are not necessarily bitter people. My ex was targeted as a young girl bereft - which may be true, as Haku's economic metaphors have stated. I was somewhat bitter towards her at first, but I did realize that things like this happen and I'm not the first and most certainly not the last to be cheated on. Defending her afterwards was to the chagrin of my peers, but I understood that nobody deserved to be attacked for something that I now see as trivial. Most people are lacking excitement in a relationship or believe that the idea of a loyal and faithful relationship is too traditional and old fashioned; that people should be allowed to explore different avenues and personalities throughout their relationships. Most people that cheat - at least the cases I've dealt with (helping friends, my own experience) resulted from some kind of shocking thought or idea. Whether this idea is true or not, it drives people into a world of extemporaneous decisions. There are a select few that may just grow weary of a current relationship; those who believe they are now better than you and cheat/move on for the sake of their current social standing. I know a couple of girls that stray away from relationships and stick to one night stands solely because of their insatiable sex drive. Although I believe one night stands to be crude and stupid, some people choose to do that to prevent being "that person who cheated" on someone else.

I do believe that someone should be loyal in a relationship, yet one should not hang their head in the event they get cheated on. It is a dark road, but things happen for a reason, and as far as I'm concerned, the sooner they cheat, the better - it lessens the heartbreak just by a little. Do not let your friends tell you to go and play around with others, loyalty and honesty are the best polices (cliché, I know, but well warranted), and I would hold them in high regard to ensure a stable and healthy relationship. All the best.

Last edited by PriestREA; 05-3-2013 at 02:32 AM..
PriestREA is offline   Reply With Quote