View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 08:32 PM   #4
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: TWG 190 Postgame

of the people that were replaced, 3 gave me advance notice that having a replacement for them would be a good idea if i did

it could be argued i didn't do pregame check-ins properly (anyone who posted in the signup thread the day the game filled, i treated as aware of its existence) and that i should probably just write up some cold, dispassionate boilerplate for when i poke people, e.g. "eod's in x hours and you committed to post y times when you signed up"

however, i did think the number of "oh didn't expect this to start already" comments was hilarious and the biggest argument that people don't actually hate pregame conf phases, and people confed their PMs back to me even though i didn't ask

i'm gonna defend force replacement, as opposed to modkilling, because you just don't use modkills for less than serious integrity violations or like, site bans. i could leave wayward's slot existing-but-not-replaced instead of mking but like. after i did the force replacements at the first eod, i was definitely in a mental state of "okay, i've shat the bed in one way, but if i continue to shit it consistently i can just throw out a single bed at the end." and so the rules in the OP dictate i deal with his slot right then, so i did

+ to the bit in the other thread, i talked about this in deadchat a bit but i feel like you gotta be really confident in your thread position to not name your partner as a potential lynch at 6-player mylo, and that confidence is a big ask when you've just subbed into that mylo and notice your predecessor's stock has fallen some. there's players that would go for the win there (boy do we know them) but lux is just some rando to most of y'all anyway

riot lynch was disgusting and then i didn't read like any of the midgame. town didn't find each other, people just talked past each other, wolves barely talked about night actions and didn't roleblock anyone all game. whatever, game's over, it's out of the hopper, the fortune tellers correctly predicted it would suck, and we can wait and play a game that people actually want to play when people have time