Thread: StepCon 2023
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2023, 10:03 PM   #69
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: StepCon 2023

I'm a little disappointed with how I did, but eh. I did better than I expected by a long shot.

A few things I wanna toss out there,

1. My file would make a lot more sense if you could skim it with the waveform, the 96ths aren't for "style" or to make it cool, that's actually how they are. It would be really cool if there was a way to overlay the preview with the wave form for the next iteration of this if there is one.

2. The intro, monkeys, wasn't meant to be synced completely. It's a basic structure with dump layered into it. Literally the rest of the file should have put that in perspective for you. It's a foreshadowing to the hold note "dumping" so the player isn't thrown off by it later. I could agree that maybe I missed the mark in execution, which is kind of obvious, but still. I don't know why you'd phrase it that way. Sorry if this comes off as harsh, but you're a judge, so I actually expect someone like you to have caught that.

3. jacob, I like your comments, but I will toss out that I don't layer traditionally, so while I accept the critique of course, you aren't wrong, it's also an indication that the execution was too sloppy, thank you.

Comments aside, I got something stylistically out of it, so thank you all regardless.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote