View Single Post
Old 10-4-2006, 06:47 PM   #1
180digi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 180digi
Default School Shootings/Gun Scares

It was pretty interesting at school today; something happened that probably hasn't happened in a long time. It started like every other normal day and then all of a sudden during the middle of 2nd period they started calling a lot of people down to the main office. It was then that I heard from a few others in my 2nd per. class that there was supposed to be some kind of school shooting to take place during the pep rally sheduled at the end of the day. Now, this was the first I had heard about what was supposed to take place, but apparently there were plenty of people who had already known about it seeing as how I found out from my classmates. During and by the end of third period class there were ten out of twenty-twenty five or so in the class because parents were showing up to pick up their kids and take them home. All of our cellphones were worthless because the school, being on top of a large hill, gets almost no service whatsoever; I think you can get half or even full bars if you walk to the edge of the parking lots. It was kind of funny; eight or so of us were taking turns using this one girl's cellphone that was the only one in the group that had any service. My parents didnt answer the phone when i tried on my classmate's cell, and I didn't get through to my mom until Period 6B(a little after 12 noon) because the teachers were told not to let us out of class for anything.

I'm still not sure exactly what what was supposed to happen. I heard that there was this girl in seventh grade who was going to shoot people on this kind of hit-list she had that was composed of five or so people, and then she was to commit suicide. Obviously, with all the kids getting pulled out, it was impossible for her to pull it off, and i heard that they confronted her and that the police have the list. Apparently, the reason that the word was let out was because the girl posted all about what she was going to do today on her myspace blog or something, which, although not a very smart move in the slightest bit, proved to be a good thing. I think its interesting because i've never really been in a situation like this due to the small size of my school. By noontime, there were maybe a hundred out of five hundred or so students still in school. My Spanish teacher told us(there were only four of us in that class at the time) that something like this hadn't happened in many years, probably going back to Martin Luther King days, with racism and black rights.

I am however glad that they decided to take it so seriously, seeing as how many incidents have happened lately, that is referring to the man who killed those little girls in the Amish country school. I think I saw on Nightline that there have been just under 20 or so serious incidents involving schools and shootings, a moderate fraction of which have been fatal. I can't quite imagine the reason behind this, either.

I'm not entirely into the idea of going to school tomorrow but my parents probably wouldn't let me stay home; and besides that I have a soccer game tomorrow so i'll be in at least some trouble if I don't show up..