View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 01:36 PM   #34
FFR Events
How eventful...
Sectional ModeratorEvent StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvuh View Post
For example, my headset (which is better than my old mic) has a soft tone at 61 Hz, and it's simple to remove without affecting the quality of the voice.

EDIT: Oh, another question, if you can't find an instrumental version of a track but don't want to leave the lead bare, would it be okay to sing your own harmonies and stuff? The instrumental in the example submission has back-up vocals in it, so I imagine it should be okay, but it's good to ask.
As long as it has no affect on your voice, if you are able to remove mic interference (e.g. humming, clicks, pops) then that is acceptable. I'll add that to the OP.

Layering your voice however will not be allowed. If you can't find instrumentals, you don't need them. There is no penalty for not having them in your submission. This is more about how you'd sound on your own, as opposed to what it'd be like if you were to be in an A Capella group that all had your voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbmchamp View Post
is rapping permitted since not all of us were blessed with the voice of an angel?
Pick songs which showcase your singing ability. If you aren't singing, then we really can't judge you on your singing. If you're not all that great of a vocalist, don't worry too much about it. Have fun with it, and if you stick around you'll still get some prizes for participating.