View Single Post
Old 02-4-2008, 11:32 PM   #11
Forlorn Radiance
Is Awesome
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Letter Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
This seems a lot more reasonable than a lot of the other systems around, however I think you might want to adjust some of the weight you give to each thing.

Figuring on there being 458 public songs, you've got 458 possible points for FCs, 1374 for AAAs and 182 for skill tokens.

FC's account for 23% of all points
AAAs account for 68% of all points
Tokens account for 9% of all points

This gives a -lot- of weight to AAAs, which is fair enough since AAAs are harder to do than FCs, but I think you undervalue the relative difficulty of a good half of the skill tokens, and once you're good enough to start getting into the high value of AAAs, you're going to already have accounted for a much larger number of FCs, which aren't really worth very much.

If you were willing to put a lot more legwork into things, you could group skill tokens into two or three categories and rank them according to the difficulty in acquiring them, and perhaps even make a sliding scale of points for AAAs and FCs, such that you score more points per FC/AAA the more of them you have. After all, the 400th FC is almost certainly harder to get than the 10th
I was thinking the same about the AAA thing...I'm still up for adjustments while it starts to take off, if you want I'd like to AIM with you about making this more accurate. My AIM is bebopordeath.