View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 12:15 PM   #12
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Scoring Data in Brutal Difficulty Range

I agree with both those last two posts less nerfing MtFB...I'd say it has the edge in difficulty over any 102 and if Powerflux and VA go up that would leave Odd-22 as the sole 103 with multiple charts in the sub-tiers above and below, which is kind of ugly. The purpose of posting the spreadsheet was hoping high tier players can come to a consensus (or as close to one as possible) regarding the order of difficulty for those charts, and then difficulty boundaries can be drawn from there, so as to retain an acceptable number of files per subgroup. I probably should have noted that in the OP. Otherwise yeah sure there's an argument to move up most 99s but then what's left in 99? etc.

@s1rnight I was toying with the idea of automating difficulties based on scoring data alone (manipulating the spreadsheet data points as inputs) but I'd need a way to procure this information across all charts and I have no intention to do that manually (and wouldn't be able to publically access sdg/sub-50 cutoffs for easier charts anyways). A few issues arise when comparing charts from years back where the unique player count is substantially higher than charts released nowadays but I think a modifier can be applied to make the order truer to what it should rightfully be.

There will always be charts that spit out values much higher than they should because no one wants to give them more than one or two serious runs due to sheer length, or they're extremely backloaded in difficulty. Something like Starbound would easily produce a value over 100 when it definitely shouldn't (though it's certainly a bit higher than where it currently is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno

Last edited by One Winged Angel; 08-25-2019 at 12:21 PM..
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote