View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 08:27 PM   #55
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie
Default Re: Social Media Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Sure, but the majority of it is vapid and empty, and just there to sell to some people who will consume it because it's catchy.
is it though...?

I listen to a lot of pop music and I hate ballads so almost every song I listen to is full of instrumentals, a good beat and either good lyrics or funny/hype lyrics. If anything it's the opposite of empty with crazy production values and tons of stuff going on

And it's no more vapid in it's lyrical content than any other genre. Love songs? Rock has tons of those. Party songs? tons of hip hop and edm party songs. Then there are tons of rock and rap songs that are just completely stupid or don't make any sense. but when you think of "rock" you don't think of "vapid love songs" even though there are a TON of sappy love and breakup rock songs across tons of genres of rock.

so why are these topics considered vapid when they're being sung by a pop singer? and why is that the first word that pops in your mind when thinking about pop music?

It's because things that are perceived as being enjoyed by girls and women are seen as being inherently more superficial than those enjoyed by boys and men. I'm not saying that you, yourself are being sexist but this is where the root of the societal disdain for pop music comes from at it's heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected