View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 12:32 AM   #3
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm
Default Re: 2015 March/April Set 3

i fucking hate mussels - goreshit 6/10 - Fail
-More pattern variety, please (most of the 16ths are trill patterns, and the rest is jump spam)
-Nasty difficulty spikes
-Not sure if it's color theory, but white notes start at M19 and get progressively more irritating to read, especially during the fast trills in places like M53
-What are the jumps in the trills going to, anyway? I can't hear a darn thing to set it apart
As it is now, probably something in the 70s. There's a devilish amount of control needed to see these trills for what they are.

$ M O L O C H $ - keffie 7/10 - Pass
-Super fast and unrelenting. Reminded me of a Virt file, but HOLY GOD 282 BPM
-bmah is that you? These patterns feel technically correct yet super awkward as you're famous for
-m11 is a good barometer. If you're struggling with triplets and rolls at this speed, you'd best quit out now before the patterns get really fun
-m30: Jump, roll 16ths into 24ths? This is actually a lot easier than it looks, because at this speed it's all educated mashing anyway
-m91-94: Ow, pain. And you throw a fucking 32nd grace note in? Easily cheated as a jump.
-m113: More agony. Four and a half measures worth of it. And you have the balls to throw in jumps when it's already north of 18 tps as straight stream. A fitting ending, though.

On density alone, this is somewhere between Betrayal and Eclipse Solar. I don't have the numbers on hand.

Is it - goreshit 5/10
this is only for the true stepmasters
how is this in the official queue and not in dossar's brutality
dumptastic
get a D7 to play this, I can't even

Leningrad Vodka Rush - Zabutom
7.5/10 - Pass
First four measures start off awfully light for a file that has 24th and 32nd rolls, but that's the song's fault.
m14 has a (12)-3-4-3-(12) 16th pattern that sounds like it could be faster given what it's going to in the music
m41 kicks off a two-measure 24th roll, with a reversal halfway through. This is going to destroy PA.
m67 Suddenly an orange shift? I like it to denote the change in the overall sound.
m71 The 32nd rolls are predictably patterned and fast enough that they can be jumptrilled, with friendly exits.
m87 The music picks up in preparation for the big ending, but sadly the arrows tell a different story: m87, one jump per measure. m88, every half measure, and we don't get jumps every 4th note until m91. m92 kicks off the jumpstream, m93 the alt JS, and finally m94 we get the big finish with 3 and 4 jumps in a row with only a single 16th between them, finished by the 32nd roll. This last section needs work. I like the idea, but it needs to be paced to match the music better.
Best score is 20g clean FC, so this might sneak in as a low 70s. Definitely low to mid Oni range.

welc.moe - potato-tan 8.5/10 Pass
-m6 or m7 is where some nice PRed jacks go to limber up the wrists for the bursts to follow
-24ths, 32nds and even the occasional 48th interval (yellow to purple, like in m22) to keep you on your toes, all of which are PRed and go with the music
-Good range of patterns overall for the bursts. You know they're coming, but the actual sequences are rarely repeated
-m27 introduces consecutive jumps and alternating JS. Yes, it counts as a stream because the jumps take it over the 8 tps threshold. This would hold up really well on rates.
-m39 How cute, a 32nd used as a grace note. This could probably trip up some people who are used to having a note come after one of these. Happens again at m41 and elsewhere.
-The last two measures have some pretty tricky stuff. Climax theory even in a sparse file like this one. Genius!
I'd put it around a 50 on the 1-99 scale, in the middle of the old Challenging range and possibly a Heavy get.

Last edited by igotrhythm; 04-23-2016 at 12:31 AM..