Thread: Sleep Paralysis
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 12:40 PM   #12
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner
Default Re: Sleep Paralysis

One of the scariest things I've ever experienced- I had it very frequently as a child.

One one occasion that has recurred MANY times, it goes as so (in the "dream"):

I'm lying in my bed, tucked in, though the blankets feel cold. The room is very dark but I can still see the door and the room in my peripheral vision. The room is damp and dark gray, with mold up along the walls, peeling down them. My eyes are fixed on the door, which is the same colour as the demonic room around me. I see the knob turn ever so vividly, and the door begins to open very very slowly (the entire of process of opening the door felt like about 5 minutes total). As it opened the door it would stop to reveal each eye for about 30 seconds, a white piercing eye that was clearly visible in the dark. It had no eyelids, and it's hair was lacking and greasy, yet very long, though there was very few strings of it's hair attached to it's peeling gray scalp. It featured a glasgow smile revealing it's horrible jaws, and it's lips were peeled off- it's nose was pressed into its face as well. It was wearing a very bad looking coat, and I couldn't see underneath it's chest, so it appeared to be floating. Once the door opened to reveal the entire creature, it slowly made it's way towards me, floating, with it's menacing smile. There was absolutely no sound around me, not even the sound of silence inside my own brain. I tried to scream, as loud as I could. All I could feel was the sternum flexing- no air could escape. I couldn't even breathe. I tried harder and harder to scream as it inched closer, and as it was inches from my face it's jaws opened to the size of my head. As the blackness of it's throat surrounded me, still trying to scream, I woke up, shaking and crying and still screaming. This happened at least 30 times when I was a kid, that exact sleep paralysis vision.

Another one that was slightly more relaxed was me- and again, young, and on a tricycle. I was on the top of a skyscraper, so high up that I could not even see the ground around me. The top of the skyscraper that I was on was flat, only it has a slant in it as if to roll the rain off it. Staring at the edge, my heart pounding, my wheels began to move towards the sunny cliff of the skyscraper. Slowly. Heart beating. It wasn't even the slope of the roof- my feet were slowly pedaling. This simply continued until I reached the edge and fell, waking up with that "jump" that I'm sure we've all experienced at one point.

Last edited by Spenner; 10-18-2009 at 12:43 PM..
Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote