View Single Post
Old 10-9-2021, 07:27 PM   #7
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Community Project: Next Generation of FFR Players

Songs of the week posts shouldn't be too hard - I'll coordinate something with Kayla to make those posts to the Facebook (& possibly Twitter, though I don't currently have those credentials I don't think).

If we want to spotlight FFR streamers we'll probably need to see some prior casts from someone before we do so - spotlighting someone who is very new to streaming/playing FFR and/or has questionable content doesn't really help our cause.

I think another important aspect of this is encouraging conversations within Discord -- both internally and externally. Whether we old schoolers like it or not Discord is outpacing forums at this stage and most conversations will be taking place there instead of here. I think a pretty solid argument could be made to really focus on more integration between FFR/Discord (Discord webhooks are super easy to set up -- gambling hall via FFR/Discord anyone?), and emphasis on the FFR site of the Discord might not be a bad thing either - it indicates that we as a community are moving forward with the times and trying to progress our game and community rather than just trying to keep some nostalgia from 2010 alive, you know?

I do stream periodically but I can't really make a commitment to any certain amount of streams - life is crazy, just bought a first house with my wife and we're so swamped.