Old 02-24-2015, 02:36 PM   #149
ThunderFlip
={<>=The Hero of Time=>
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Skill Rating & Leaderboards Discussion [Updated Feb 17]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Your skill score can definitely drop.

Let's say your best score is 1-0-1-0 with 500 combo on Reality. It's your best score by far, but you just missed once in the middle.

Then you get an 8-3-1-4 score on Reality with 880 combo. Say you were doing well but utterly fucked up the end of the last stream. Obviously this is going to replace your old score because the combo is so much higher, but your skill score WILL drop because the PA is now trash. If you were just a few points above the D5 cutoff, this would bring your score right back down into D4 despite the fact you can obviously get 1-0-1-0 on Reality, meaning your score is now a much worse reflection of your real skill.

It's a problem with combo scoring; the tier point system had this issue too.
Yep, that is pretty much what happened to me, although thankfully it still has me placed as D5. I had 6810 skill level with that first Mirage Garden score as my #2. After getting that second score, it became my #7 score and my skill rating dropped to 6752, hence the rank drop. Too bad this is pretty much going to remain an issue until raw scoring is implemented.