View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 07:53 AM   #1660
ItsOnlyDanO
Stuck in the past
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: 11th Official Tournament - Round 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanmatoFusion View Post
D6 is the most ridiculous division in the official. Every other division minus D7 has barely had 5 AAA's on ANY file thus far. Yet D6 has the most. In all honesty, they should cut D6 out completely. Since the same people seem to do so well every damn round, just make it all one division. Legit. 6 Divisions, be done with it.
Two things here:
1: Pretty sure this is just a post because of anger but heck i'll respond to it anyway. Also you haven't given a reason why to cut out D6 so I'll have to guess one (in this case the players fault)

2: Cutting out d6 is a stupid idea and you know it. You blame the D6 players for trying to do well on their files? It's not the players fault they've gotten three pretty easy files. Nothing has been above a 81 so far imo. Diamante or Kanon would have been fine for the round 1 song, but not round 2+ At the moment its been fairly consistent for all three rounds, which shouldn't be happening. We should be seeing a 82/83 last round, and a 84/85 now (or possibly harder than this), but that hasn't happened. If anything, it's a result organisers of picking the wrong files for d6. However they may not have had a choice. maybe they had no other option and had to pick those files for the first three rounds, I don't know the answer to that. (This has now been addressed below) For the lower divisions, in particular d2/d3, they have been getting this difficulty progression perfectly. D6 is the only one to haven't really been getting this, so possibly waiting to get some more files within the d6 range would have been better.

It also doesn't help that I don't think that Kanon in particular is the best file for a tournament, with a second half far harder than the first. (not as bad as system doctor was though)

To reiterate this point: It's not the players fault, it's the files being too easy, and a lack of difficulty progression over the three rounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall View Post
I agree there's literally no difference between a lvl 80 and a lvl 87, some >85s aaa'd some 83s, all these "skill ratings" and "file difficulties" are arbitarily assigned without thought or consideration and mean absolutely nothing in regards to how difficult a file is or how much skill is required to play them. why don't we just merge all divisions <8? All these numbers just make things confusing.
Whilst there is some debate about how precise a difficulty you can give a file, saying there's no difference between a 80 and a 87 seems a bit incoherent.

For example, I think Kanon is an 80 and Stress Free Style is an 87/88, there's a pretty considerable difference between them don't you think? Or for perhaps a better comparison, take Love and Justice and Love Hurts. Similar jumpstream files, one rated 80 and the other 85, yet there is a clear difference between them which differentiates them. (In this case speed and overall intensity of the files)

Oh and
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall View Post
why don't we just merge all divisions <8? All these numbers just make things confusing.
Hope you're joking there.

Last edited by ItsOnlyDanO; 07-11-2016 at 08:20 AM.. Reason: my typing ability sucks