View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 06:22 PM   #509
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Read My Reviews

Day 359: Bottomless Pit by Death Grips (Album Choice: Anthony F.)

Did I make that album choice joke before?

Merry Christmas. Is anybody actually offended by the phrase "Merry Christmas"? I have a fuckton of super PC friends but I've only witnessed people self-censoring, never actually getting offended by the word Christmas. I see far more people getting offended by the absence of the word Christmas than vice versa.

Death Grips has always been mood music for me in that they can hit the spot when the time's right but I have no desire to listen to them 99.7% of the time especially considering how same-y they can feel. My brain is slowly detaching from reality so now's as good a time as ever for this I suppose.

This album is their most melodic release yet, which I like. Zach Hill has always been my favorite part of this band (NO LOVE DEEP WEB is my favorite release) and he shines for sure, but I've never been this impressed with Morin who really managed to make this sound fresh. Can't say I'm any more or less impressed with Ride this time around. Also can't say I'm expecting to pull this one out with a lot more frequency than other Death Grips albums.

Almost definitely not going on my year end list.

Best Track: Giving Bad People Good Ideas
Rating: 6.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote