View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 12:53 AM   #1
psychic25
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to psychic25 Send a message via MSN to psychic25
Default Another Werewolf Game

I am an avid reader of the Werewolf game, starting with Game 5, and I was considering the possibility of another TWG operating at the same time as the regular one.

My reasons for wanting another game are as follows:

1. There never seems to be enough spots in the game for all the people who want to play to play. People who miss the VERY NARROW sign-up window (I believe it was around 30 minutes this time) have to wait a long time for the next game. * Also, I did notice that some of the people that signed up in the topic were not included in the game. With the addition of a second game, people who want to be in a game have a better chance of being able to play. (I do admit that this is my biggest (and possibly selfish) reason for wanting a second game, since I missed the sign-ups for VI and VII.)

*(Well, it might not be so long, but with 60 hour-days, at least 5 days, that comes to 300 hours at least- that's around 12 days, usually more for extra days. I acknowledge that sometimes days are cut short due to insta-lynch, but a lot of the time, insta-lynches do not happen, and the day runs its full course.)

2. The game seems like it's starting to lose its variety. The people who are playing in the current game (VII) all know each other (well most of them do), both in terms of forum personalities and previous TWG actions, like "When you were a wolf you acted like such and such," and other things like that. Newcomers to the game do not know the idiosyncracies of the top players, and therefore are at a huge disadvantage from the beginning. If there were two games, there would be more opportunities for first-time players to join, which would make for more exciting games- if nobody knows each other, there has to be a lot more communication in order to do well.

3. The level of the game seems to be getting way too high. People playing in this game are using extremely high-level thinking- possibly too high for newcomers to successfully deal with. Now, I'm not saying that all newcomers are totally incompetent (Tps222 in TWG VI was an excellent example of an awesome game played by a newcomer, kudos to him), but that many are. This game is extremely fun, and I do believe that many people want in on it. The high level of the current game makes it extremely hard for people to do well as newcomers. With another game, there would be more newcomers, so many people would be on the same (lower, yes) level, making it a more even game. You may say that the only way to train newcomers up is to put them in a tough situation (namely, play with the hardcore players) but this is a very stressful way to learn the mechanics of the game; people should play with people who are at their own level. Now, I'm not saying that people should be total morons during this "beginner" game- they should play with the same standard of dedication and high-level thinking as if they were in the original TWG.

I want to see how many people would be interested in playing a second TWG, so I could see if there would be enough. If there is enough people, I will gladly take all the hosting responsibilities (unless someone else wants to do it) and see it through until the end.

Basically, if people want to join a new TWG, please post, and if any TWG veterans want to comment, please do so.